Welcome to Interactive Programming Forums, where you can ask questions, receive answers from other members of the community, post code snippets and post exercies.

CSS tutorials

+7 votes
I had no problem going through the html tutorials. I already knew html and CSS before coming here and have built websites with it. However on both CSS tutorials in the first exercises I enter the code that it is asking for but it continues to tell me it's incorrect.  I copy and pasted the code from the exercises and it didn't work.  I also hand typed everything multiple times I still could not get it to work.  I am in windows 7 64 bit, I tried both in IE7 and FF 9.0.1.  I ended up using rgb for setting the color value and it worked however both hex and the color name didn't work as was suggested in the tutorial.

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
<style type="text/css">
body {background-color:green;}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

This will not validate but it should.
However this will

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
<style type="text/css">
body {background-color:rgb(255,255,255);}
</style>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

I haven't messed with the second tutorial enough to get it working yet but I was having the same issue with not being able to get the correct code to work.  After further investigation is seems this is a underlying issue with some or all of the tutorials that require colors.  Both background-color and color command. However it seems even the first exercise on tutorial 2 will not continue with accurate code, including the code that is copy and pasted from the exercise description.
posted 12 years ago in CSS by friskyding0 (1,940 points)
edited 12 years ago by friskyding0

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Thanks for trying out our code.he.net Beta.
I've tried to replicate the issue using the html code above but did not see the issue.
I tested on FF9, IE7, IE9, Chrome and Safari but they all displayed the green background color when I used "body {background-color:green;}"
answered 12 years ago by codeadmin (113,880 points)
Strange, I attempted to do the same code today and it works now.  This was an issue I was having with multiple tutorials and multiple exercises within the tutorials.  I had cleared my history and everything multiple times and tried different browsers with no success. After reading your answer I copy and pasted the same code and it worked.  I dunno whatever it was seems to be resolved for now.  Thanks for the fast reply and whatever magic you did.

Related questions

+10 votes
0 answers
posted 12 years ago in Javascript by resila01 (1,700 points)
+15 votes
1 answer
posted 11 years ago in CSS by freekstegmann (1,920 points)
+19 votes
1 answer
posted 12 years ago in CSS by Mtata D Mtatuz (1,490 points)
+14 votes
0 answers
posted 12 years ago in CSS by Abdulqadir Farhang (260 points)